Benefit or Performance Loan
Amount: Up to $50,000
Please note, applicants are strongly advised to request a loan amount reflective of the organization’s capacity to take on debt.
Used for upfront capital to plan and hold a fundraising event OR cover upfront costs associated with producing a performance or series of performances.
Examples of Loan Use
- Use the loan to cover venue costs for a fancy gala your organization is hosting.
- Loan must be repaid by benefit proceeds or box office returns.
- Must have two years of experience putting on a similar benefit or performance.
- Must have an active board that participates in planning and implementing fundraising activities.
- Must be repaid 60 days after the benefit or performance.
What you will need for the application:
- Fully developed plan for the benefit or performance including location, performers, publicity, and an estimated number of attendees.
- Past two years of budget to actuals and proposed budget for upcoming benefit or performance.
- Current year operating budget
- Current year to date financial statements
- Prior fiscal year end financial statement (audited statements or California Data Project reports accepted)
- Board roster with affiliations
- Upload the following documents: