How to Apply
Upcoming Application Deadlines (Applications are due by 9:00 pm – Pacific Standard Time)
|January 6, 2017||for a decision on||January 26, 2017|
|February 27, 2017||for a decision on||March 16, 2017|
Ready to apply for an ALF Loan?
Step 1: Select the type of loan you wish to apply for.
Step 2: Gather your financials, usually including:
- Current Year Operating Budget
- Current Year to Date Financial Statements for the most recently ended month
- Prior Fiscal Year End Financial Statement (Audited statements or California Data Project reports accepted)
*Note: Some types of loans require additional financials. See the individual loan application for details.
Step 3: Gather other documents about your organization and your request, including:
- Board Roster with affiliations
- Proof of Collateral (such as signed contracts and grant award letters)
Step 4: If you are requesting a loan greater than $10,000, download and complete these two mandatory forms:
- ALF Cashflow Projection
- Funding Report
*Note: You may have your own versions of these documents, but you must submit this information using the official ALF templates provided.
Step 5: Get a resolution from your board of directors approving this application and, if approved, the loan. Here is a sample Board Resolution you can download and customize, or use your own Board resolution format as long as it takes the same actions as our sample.
Step 6: Complete the online application, including the uploaded attachments as requested. Applicants with fiscal sponsors require:
- Year to date and most current year-end financial statements from both the applying and the sponsoring organizations, and
- A copy of the current fiscal sponsorship agreement between the applicant and the sponsor.
Step 7: All applications received are reviewed by the Loan Program Specialist, who will call to conduct a phone interview with the applicant contact, executive director, or board officer. You may be asked for additional information during this review.
Step 8: Complete, eligible applications are forwarded to the ALF Steering Committee, for their review. See the top of this page for upcoming meeting dates.
Step 9: Applicants are informed of the Steering Committee decision shortly after the meeting.
Step 10: Once a loan application is approved, loan funds are usually available to applicants within two business days at an in-person meeting. Both the organizational leader and board officer are required to attend this meeting.
Make sure your application is complete by going through the ALF Application Checklist.